Docker Deployment Challenge
Welcome to the Docker Deployment Challenge! This challenge is designed to test your understanding of deploying Docker containers at various scales. You'll need to consider the requirements of an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) project, a larger project, and a global-scale project.
1. MVP Project:
Imagine you're working on an MVP. It's a simple application with a web server and a database. It is expected to serve a limited number of users.
- Develop a Docker Compose file that allows you to run your application with just one command.
- Discuss how you would set up your environment to ensure transparency, ease of use, log retrieval, and GDPR concerns.
2. Larger Project:
Now imagine your MVP has been successful, and you need to scale your project to support thousands of users across multiple regions. The application now includes multiple microservices.
- Explain how you would adjust your deployment strategy to handle the increased complexity and load.
- Discuss how you would maintain transparency, ease of use, and handle logs in this more complex environment.
- How would you ensure high availability for your application?
- Discuss how you would address GDPR and other data privacy concerns when scaling up.
3. Global-Scale Project:
Finally, envision your application has become a global success. You have millions of users worldwide and a vast array of microservices to support.
- Outline a strategy for deploying your Docker containers at this scale. Would you use Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, AWS ECS, or another tool? Why?
- Discuss how you would ensure transparency, handle logs, and maintain ease of use at this scale.
- How would you guarantee high availability and fault tolerance across multiple global regions?
- Discuss any additional GDPR or data privacy concerns you might face at this scale and how you would address them.
You should submit:
- Docker Compose file for the MVP project (if applicable).
- A document outlining your strategies for each stage, including how you would address each of the evaluation criteria ( transparency, ease of use, log retrieval, availability, and GDPR concerns).
Please fork this repository to your own GitHub account, add your solutions, and send us the link when you are ready. Good luck!
This challenge should help applicants demonstrate not only their technical knowledge but also their strategic thinking and awareness of operational and legal considerations when deploying applications.